There’s only one more month before spring officially starts so it's a great time to start planning your spring garden! McGregor's have made it easy to plan a productive garden with our guide to companion planting and you can even download our easy to follow chart FREE! Download the Companion Planting Guide.pdf
Beetroot, Broccoli, Capsicum, Carrot, Cauliflower, Coriander, Courgette, Cucumber, Eggplant, Kale, Lettuce, Mesclun, Onion, Parsley, Peas, Pumpkin, Squash, Radish, Rocket, Silverbeet, Spinach, Sweetcorn, Tomato
Cauliflower, Kale, Lettuce, Mesclun, Peas, Pumpkin, Spinach, Radish, Rocket, Silverbeet, Spinach
Swan Plant, Zinnia, Snapdragon, Poppy, Nasturtium, Marigold, Cosmos, Cornflower, Alyssum, Forget me not
Feed your garden
- It's the perfect time to feed your fruit trees - apply McGregor's FruitMax. It's a complete liquid fertiliser for flowering, fruiting and root-crop plants, it is absorbed by plants through their foliage and/or roots.
- As you start to plan your Spring garden, it's a great time to replenish the nutrients in your soil - dig in compost to your soil for a top-up but make sure to give it time to settle the PH levels before planting seedlings. You can check your soil levels with the McGregor's moisture, light and pH meter.
- August is the time to plant Strawberries! Make sure you get the best from your crop this season with McGregor's FruitMax. FruitMax is a complete liquid fertiliser that will maximise the production and development of your strawberries.
Tidy up and control weeds
- As the weather begins to warm, the weeds in your garden have already begun germinating - and by the time you see flowers, it may be too late to control them properly. Catch them early with McGregor’s Weed Out Advanced - it's a non-selective weed killer that will control annual and perennial weeds.
- The safest way to apply Weed Killers is to ensure you follow the instructions carefully and use a well-sealed sprayer such as the McGregor's 5L Pressure Sprayer. Be sure to store in a secure place out of reach of children and pets.
- If you haven’t done so already, make sure you prune your roses before the middle of August, our 195mm Bypass Secateurs feature stainless steel blades, perfect for tough pruning tasks.
- Prune evergreen fruit trees, such as lemons, limes and ornamental orange trees - McGregor's Extendable Bypass Loppers reach up to 1020mm so you can reach those extra high branches!
- Plant or transplant you deciduous trees now while they are at their most dormant - use a strong shovel with kickplate and long leverage handle such as McGregor's Round Mouth Shovel